Thursday, March 1, 2012

Stuck & Losing my Way on this Diet...





Starting Weight:  3/1/12 – 174.2 LBS

Over the month of February, I lost a lil weight, gained weight, and maintained that stubborn bigger number. I’ve gone to the gym two nights this week, haven’t eaten after 7pm almost every night, been doing strengthening exercises at my desk, eating almonds, yogurt, but alas the scale refuses to budge. I love my mom dearly but family members are horrible for giving you the real picture. She keeps telling me I look great, when I honestly just don’t feel it.

What truly is bugging me is that I'm not even slipping here or there and eating fast food. I can honestly say I work near a Mcdonalds, a KFC, a Pizza Hut, a Dairy Queen, Wendy's, AND Taco Bell and NOT ONCE have I ever set foot in any of them over the course of the almost year I've worked there. I can't even remember when the last time I had Taco Bell was or KFC or any of them. I've been taking the stairs, using smaller dishes for the slow churned (Less Fat) ice cream, eating serving sizes, even adding strawberries & other fresh fruits to my diet, with lil result. I even haven't been drinking soda...

There has to be something wrong here. 

I have an idea of why the weight is just not coming off and it's something that I'm not sure how to even deal with. It could be that my birth control pill is keeping me at a constant bloat that is hindering this whole process. I constantly feel full even when I wake up and I have a nagging headache above my right eye that started about 2 months ago when I started the pill. I'm really not sure, but I'm going to keep on this pill for at least 6 months to see if the headache subsides and/or weight...I hope it's not the culprit. 

It could be that I'm eating too much of the healthy fats like Avocado & almonds...They are fattening in higher volume. I could be exercising but just not enough to see results. I also can walk 2 miles at a high incline & about 3.6-3.7 speed and not break a sweat...perhaps I need to work out in more clothing...I sort of feel like that awkward cast member on The Biggest Loser who worked out all week, didn't' even do the temptation challenge, but still only lost a pound all week. Sigh...back to the drawing board.

I do feel like I can see a lil place on body here or there a more tucked in. I have a dimple in my thigh I didn't have a month ago. Perhaps I'm losing inches, gaining muscle, and the weight loss will soon follow?? I don't know. Starting next week I'm going to be taking pictures to see the progress because the scale just isn't cutting it. 

When you've lost your way on a diet, What brings you back? 
I'd love to hear...

7 comments:

  1. I gained 10lbs on my vacation and I feel like
    I couldn't lost weight anymore... I can't stop eating, huh!

    Come, visit my blog and let's follow each other on GFC, darling!

    http://www.momfashionworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I start feeling distracted I read a fitness magazine or a fitness blog! There are a lot of good ones on tumblr, just for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. It sounds like you are doing all the right things. And from the pics I've seen, you already look awesome now, so you can only get awesomer, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go up and down all the time - so annoying! I find that when I feel my best - I've cut back on sugar and most important - salt and carbs! I go with chicken and a veggie for dinner for a week or so, and it makes me feel so much less bloated and gross. Also, regarding the pill - there are other options that have different effects on people. I use implanon (sounds weird bc it's a stick in your arm - no pills to take!) and it doesn't make me feel bloated, maybe because it is constant. For a while I was on a progesterone only pill which had the same effect (no bloating). Workout wise -- and you probably know this already -- strength training burns fat faster, bc when you have more muscle your body is burning calories faster even at rest. I'm in the same 'Oh my god I need to lose weight' camp - we can do this!
    good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here are my tips:
    1 - If you haven't already, look up clean eating magazine. I lost 10lbs just eating like this without exercising last spring. Eating "diet" foods that are processed isn't necessarily going to help your journey. Eating natural, clean food in as close to it's natural state as possible is where it's at. If you look at the label and see chemicals or ingredients you don't recognize, put it down and don't eat it.

    2. You might want to try eliminating certain foods from your diet to test an see if your body has a hard time processing them. Sometimes this can hinder weight loss as well. The foods to trial remove are: Gluten, Dairy, Soy, eggs, Peanuts, Corn, Sugar/Artificial Sweeteners.

    3. Two people I recommend looking into for good advice: Kris Carr (CrazySexyLife.com) & JJ Virgin (jjvirgin.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you need a tape measure rather than a scale. It sounds like you're dropping weight but gaining muscle. Once you've gained more muscle, you will burn fat more efficiently. Interval training is meant to be one of the best ways of speeding up your metabolism - you should give that a go. When you're on the treadmill, maybe alternate running and walking for example. I also like tae-bo type fitness dvds - punching and kicking is great exercise AND therapeutic, cos you can imagine someone you hate and pretend it is THEM who are hitting. I love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo what great comments! Thank you so much for taking the time ladies! I definitely have to move some things around and try! Thank you!!! =)

    ReplyDelete