Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cupcakes: Easy Rainbow Gold Dust Cupcakes...

St. Patty's Day Raibow/Gold Cupcakes

Time for some fun! My Cupcake Class is running and going strong! I tried to find a great St. Patty's Cupcake, but alas I did not have the luck of the Irish. But I found many pictures of adorable Rainbow Cupcakes w/ the blue skies and fluffy clouds. So in turn, I made them into St. Patty's Day cupcakes w/   gold edible glitter to be the pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow...

My class absolutely loved these lil cupcakes. I have 5 awesome ladies that are so eager to learn and it's honestly so much fun. I never thought a second job could be this great & easy because decorating cupcakes is one of my favorite things. This class is more than I could have hoped for and I'm grateful that they are so nice & genuine.

To help them out and you guys out there in the blogosphere, of course, listed below I have done out instructions & a picture tutorial for this lil gem. Enjoy!


What You Will Need:
1. Cupcakes
2. Green Butter Cream Icing
3. White Butter Cream Icing
4. Wilton Yellow Color Sprinklers - Edible Glitter
5. Airheads Xtreme Sweet/Sour Rainbow Strips
6. Wilton Tips - #17 for the Clouds & #195 for the Green Swirl (Pictured Below)


Step #1: Bake your Cupcake - Whatever Flavor you'd Like.


Step #2: Prepare your Decorating Bag w/ Wilton Tip #195 & the Green Butter Cream Icing. Create a swirl on top of the cupcake starting from the center and swirling out to the edges.


Step #3: Cut the Rainbow Strip in 1/4" of the length to create the arch of the Rainbow. 
KEY STEP: Strip needs to be small enough to stay up in arch and not fall down. Press arched strip on top of the cupcake into the green frosting.



Step #4: Decorate the edges of the Rainbow strip w/ the white icing using the star tip #17. The key here is to fortify the Rainbow. You can add more or less clouds...it's up to you!



Step #5: Add the gold Wilton edible glitter Sprinkles...as much as you want...



Step #6: Make sure you tell people that the Rainbow is Sweet & Sour!  =) 

I hope you enjoyed this lil tutorial...HAPPY EARLY St. PATTY'S DAY!


12 comments:

  1. Those are adorable. I'm an Irish girl so I love the addition of the gold edible glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! You have such a great talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, these are so cute!

    http://nuhasofiyan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great! ;)


    "comment is made by boy"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Idea ! I love it ! love your blog

    xoxo-Françoise

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful. I love your creativity! Have a great Friday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Cute! I was trying to find a cute thing to bake for st patty's and i got stumped. But this is totally what I'm going to do! Thanks!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cutest St Paddy's day cupcakes I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is probably one of the most creative things I've seen done to a cupcake. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete