Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Oooo That's a Bad Habit...



Weight: 3/27/12 – 172.4 lbs.

In my struggle to kick off this weight loss I figured out yet another thing I’m doing which is contributing to my plateau I can’t seem to leave. 

The scale today was down and my lil heart skipped a beat w/ joy. I don’t know if this is embarrassing or not to admit but in the mornings I’ve been watching the infomercials for the weight loss tapes and doing the mini exercises as they are showing us in those quick flashes. They will basically show you a move within the DVD, and then it will proceed to tell someone’s story for a minute or two. In that story-time you continue to the do the move they showed you prior to the success story. Maybe I’m just being really cheap, but I’m sorry I don’t have 4 easy payments of $19.99 to spend on a DVD system of videos I may not like…It appears to be helping my results. Anywho…

In the past few months where I’ve been trying to get out of the 170-175 lb plateu, I am reaching my mini goals, BUT then I see that scale go down and something switches in my head that “Ohh, I’ve lost a few pounds it’s okay if I have dessert…it’s okay if I don’t measure out my cereal today…it’s okay if I have 1 beater of icing because I’m losing weight.” I’m apparently doing that too much and negating all the good I’ve done. It sucks, but recognition of an inner issue people keep telling me is key. Right?
The awesome Shannon, over at Sitting in a Tree  has introduced me to My Fitness Pal and I’m addicted. I had no idea how many carbs I’m eating in one day!! Yes, I’m eating something that is so-called diet friendly but then I notice that there are 56 carbs in one granola bar!!! AHH!! I will definitely be looking for different Swaportunities (hehe)….

So what to do now? This is probably a bad idea but I’m going to be using measuring tape and only stepping on the scale once a week so I don’t fall into this “I now can eat what I want” trap. Also I’m going to actually use the inspiration and motivation people have given me!! CJ the other day said to me, “You know you look really good lately…I like it…”  I need to use that as Motivational fuel!! I can do this!!  I think I’m also going to get a kettlebell…maybe….

Has anyone tried anything New in the Diet World?
I’m all ears….

 Source

5 comments:

  1. I wish I could stop weighing myself on a daily basis.. but it's so hard! I know it's not good to do.. maybe I should just choose one day a week, and do it then, but I'd have to put my scale away to avoid the temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm so happy you are enjoying My Fitness Pal! Good luck with the weight loss journey. I'm right with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My scale is broken. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing as it stops me weighing obsessively, but means I have really no clue anymore what I weigh.

    Here's something that has helped me - and since you have the internet, it's free! Go on youtube for free workouts - Tracy Anderson (Madonna's ex trainer) has some good webisodes on there for your abs and arms. Also diet.com is pretty good with some good moves you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the my fitness pal is awesomeness and it can get addicting. i love the little bar scanner ... it makes for quick calculating.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post. For a bit of light relief you might enjoy this cartoon about the food pyramid. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/food-pyramid.html

    ReplyDelete