Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Two Days I've had to be Strong & Just Do...

The past two days have been so hard, I couldn't write about it last night. Sometimes reality & life comes rushing in and you have dive in head first & do what is needed.  A week ago my 86 year old grandmother, my mother's mother, had to go to the hospital because her sugar levels spiked sky high. She has mild dementia, but luckily she still knows who everyone is. She even knows my boyfriend's name. But she thought if she ate less her sugar levels would go down. Poor grandma, she didn't realize her body would do the opposite. From the non-eating she got sicker. Luckily she is okay but they had to check her into a nursing home/rehab center until her legs get stronger from being in the hospital bed.

Yesterday I went up to visit her and Oh I wish we could take her home. It is looking so positive that she will be going home to her house soon. She was standing up on her own and could walk w/ her cane to the dining room. I felt terrible that she got confused of why we were all there. She thought we were working in the hospital because we were trying to help her out w/ the physical therapy. I love her so much and I just want her to get better.

My Mom, my aunt & I went back to the house and cleaned it as best we could. My grandfather is 89 years old and there are just things he can't do anymore. We kept trying to tell him that it was okay to take our help. It's okay. We were just there to help. He can be very stubborn but soon after he let us help out w/ cleaning the kitchen.

I'm one of the luckiest 26 years old in the world because I have all 4 of my grandparents. Alas, today I found out my 82 year old grandfather, my dad's stepdad, also is in the hospital. It drives me crazy that my uncle & grandmother let us know 2 days after he has been in the hospital. It's aggravating that they do that, but it's just the way it is with them. He's okay but he has a large kidney stone in which they had to perform a bypass to avoid kidney failure. I went after work to visit him. He looked good and I swear he perked up when he saw me. He was bitching about politics & the economy so he must have been doing better. He's going to be in the hospital a few more days but I think it's for the best. The doctors can watch him and make sure he's doing better.

Needless the past 2 days have been intense. I wish I could do more and make them better but really I think being there and showing them how much you love them is all you can do. I hope everything turns around for the better and that they feel & get better. Here's hoping...


  1. So sorry to hear about your grandparents' health issues, but you are very true about saying how lucky you are for getting to know ALL your grandparents. Best of luck for speedy recoveries.

  2. sad to hear about your grandmother... hung in there!


  3. Sorry to hear about your grandmother and your grandfather! Thoughts go out to you all x

  4. Hei! I just found your blog and it is amazing!

    I am following your blog and I hope you will follow mine too!

    Ana V

  5. Love it <3!!! Great blog, very cute!! Visit my blog and if you like it to follow me on google friends and I will be happy to follow you back <3