Monday, April 23, 2012

R.I.P Grandma Carmen...You are Loved & Missed Already...


No one ever wants to write this blogpost but it must be written. One of my grandmothers, my father's mother, Carmen, passed away yesterday afternoon at 12:52pm. She was 87 years old. I'm okay, but of course you have to cry off and on. She is at peace now. I got to see her on Saturday and got to tell her I loved her. The last time I saw her awake was my last weekend's stolen moment. She looked me in the eyes and said, "Melanie I love you". That is one of the greatest stolen moments I will never ever forget. I loved her so much. She was one hell of a feisty Spanish lady from Santa Domingo in the Dominican Republic. She would always dance w/  a glass of water on her head, and tell me stories of from the 50's of meeting Charleston Heston, and how beautiful the Domincan Republic is, and I will always remember her cackling laugh. She played the piano all the time and was such a wonderful gardener. I would love listen to her play for hours and hours. She was the belle of the ball.

Today was the hardest day of all. We had to make arrangements and my poor grandfather & father froze. I stepped in and helped at the parlor. I feel like I've aged 10 years today but I needed to take today off from work & needed to be there for my family. I can't stop sighing. I'll never stop replaying my memories of her over and over in my head. Please God bless my grandmother & St Anthony find her so she can rest in peace. Love you always Grammy.


I'll miss you Grammy. Love you, always...

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry dear. My Grandmother (father's mother) passed away very suddenly last Saturday (a week and two days ago) and it was so hard. My Dad and Grandfather had a hard time making arrangements too.

    Thoughts and prayers <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. How you write about her is so beautiful though, so many sweet words and memories. She must have been quite the woman to know :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss hun and my thoughts go to you and family. She sounds such an incredible lady and the photograph of her dancing with the water is timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so sorry. My grandma is my life so I know the thought breaks my heart. I'll keep you in my thoughts and I hope things get better soon.

    ReplyDelete