Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Besame Mucho... *Just Breathe*


"Besame Mucho" in Spanish means "Kiss Me Much." It was one of my grandmother's favorite songs to play on the piano. I can still hear her banging it out on the piano as I write this post. I will never forget how beautiful it sounded.

The past 3 days have been a set of the hardest days of my life. Saying goodbye & gathering up all the memories in my mind to ensure they are in a special place. My grandmother was such a lively woman who had such a strong laugh you could hear it outside if you were inside & vise versa. From her beautiful life I have to take from her some valuable lessons & realize I have to live everyday to the fullest w/ all the world's joys. For example, I have to learn how to salsa dance better. Cj and I love to dance and he especially loves Spanish music. I want to be able to dance w/ a glass on my head just like her. I want to always have love in my heart and cherish it. I want to learn how to make empanadas. I want to have parties to bring people joy like she always did. I want to make people happy. I want to finish the Moonlight Sonata that her & I never finished when I was younger on the piano. It makes me smile wanting to do all of this. Yes...I can't wait.

I'm also going to try and get as many photos as I can find at my grandparent's house and put them properly in albums. My grandfather said I can do whatever I want. I'm going to have to be the one to keep all the records and I am delighted at the chance. I can't wait for that either.

It's never easy losing a family member. But through friends, family, and precious memories it does make it a lil easier. One day at time... =)


1 comment:

  1. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss, but it looks like you are being strong and doing what's best for your family. Those albums will mean so much to your family.

    ReplyDelete