Sunday, July 1, 2012

At Last We Meet Again...

 
At last, we meet again. It seems forever and a day has passed since I've written. I'm sorry. The auto-pilot of life just grabbed hold of me and would not let go. But I'm back now for good. 
 
I can't believe it's July. June evaporated right before my eyes. I did too much and yet it seemed like I didn't do enough. I've been told that in your late 20's you have to take the ride and hold on for dear life. Lately I've been learning how true in fact that statement is in the real world. 
 
From the passing of my grandmother in April, my cousin's wedding jam packed with it's "Uniqueness", bullies in a particular area of my life from 9-5 that I can't talk about here, to losing a friend of 16 years over stupid double standards, to embracing the reality of being in a real relationship for two years and feeling the pressure of the length of time, to all that lurks in between. What a rough patch of time it's been. 

But then the beauty of life shined through reminding me of good times to come and brought those good days to me in stunning technicolor. For my two year anniversary CJ took me to where we had our first date...and when he pulled up to my place he had flowers in his hand. He kissed me in the same spot he did 2 years ago. It was awesome. From all the frequent rain storms in New York I've seen 3 beautiful vibrant rainbows all giving me hope of a smile. I went to Mexico with CJ and experienced a whole different world that was so eye-opening to stare at ancient Mayan ruins that it took my breath away.  I love my lil world but catching that glimpse of how big the world truly is has be hungry for more...I can't wait to plan my next adventure. Oh yeah and I'm on my way to 27 Dresses is starting up again with dress #2...very soon...
 
All of this has taught me so much...The good & the bad. 
 
 

Starting this week I'm going to try and get back into the groove of things. I've been obsessed with Pinterest lately and with my trusty Nook I've been reading tons of magazines. My 27th birthday is in a lil over a month away and my gift to myself is organization & attempting to stop feeling like I'm constantly at a dead run or just "scrapping by". I want to feel confident in my actions and feel like I have a good grip on my chair of life. I've actually lost & kept off five pounds and for me that is a huge feat. More on all of this later. 

I can't wait to see what the blog world has been up to. I missed you guys. You have all opened my eyes to so much...I can't wait to see what will be next! =)

10 comments:

  1. There you are stranger! I was wondering where you'd got up too! I'm adding you on the olde pinterest so I can stalk you :D

    PS. I love rainbows, just to always see them on the bus home from work. I always wanted to actually go to the place where they hit the ground though, has to be a mission in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Pinterest cartoon - it is so true! I got sucked in. I think I'll just take a look around and 2 hours later I'm like WTF?!

    One piece of advice I'm finding is incredibly helpful is that when things become overwhelming or people are pulling at me work wise, I stop whatever I'm doing, take 3 deep breaths and it helps me to gain my focus and calm down. If that doesn't work, I live my desk and get a drink of water.

    2nd bridesmaid dress -- ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back lady!! I am so glad you are back. I am sorry to hear about the rough patch, but things will turn around. It is a new month! Your two year anniversary, rainbows, and Mexico all sound like they were wonderful and congrats on the weight loss :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed you! Hope you are well. Sorry for the many ups and downs. It will get better- your spirit is strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seem like your life has been just as weird as mine lately. I've had so much going on and then nothing all at the same time. I just don't know how to process any of it... But here's to getting back on the blogging track and getting ahold of the craziness of life together! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss reading your posts! I hope all is going well for you and that you will be back to blogging soon!

    xoxo,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back!!!!! I'm so glad that CJ is treating you right! :)

    911R

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey lady!

    I hope you are well and am looking forward to seeing what you are up to!
    :o)

    kristen
    www.beholdthemetatron.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw I thought u were still blogging! I just started again :( if u see this let me know if you have a different blog!

    ReplyDelete